Why We Chose Cacoa
Cacao has been used traditionally throughout many cultures, including Aztecs. This “Superfood” has been known to be a stimulant (natural energy source), mood boost, and available source of nutrition. Filled with flavonoids, iron, magnesium, calcium, antioxidants, essential minerals and Vitamin C. As a new mother recovers from pregnancy & labour it is important she fills her body with nourishment to help her supply and aid recovery.
What is cacao?
Pronounced “Ca-cow”, Cacao is the raw, unprocessed version of cocoa. Due to its unprocessed nature, it is able to harvest/maintain all its nutrient value, which can be lost during the fermentation & roasting process of cocoa.
Why is Cacao for breastfeeding Mothers?
As a natural energy booster, filled with antioxidants and essential minerals, this is the perfect addition to a new mother’s diet as her energy may be depleting and diet limited as she attends to her baby.
Is Cacao bitter?
Whilst Cacao can have a more bitter taste in comparison to cocoa, we have blended it with the delicious sweetness of coconut sugar. We guarantee that you will love just how delicious & creamy it tastes
Will Cacao upset my baby?
Whilst it will provide a nice energy boost for mum, it also contains Tryptophan, an amino acid known for helping you get to sleep and stay asleep, as it helps naturally produce melatonin.
Benefits of Cacao for breastfeeding mothers.
We understand how time-poor mothers can be, and their ability to look after themselves as well as they once did can be a challenge, therefore, we ensure all our products provide multiple benefits and are also nourishing. Cacao has the below benefits, and when combined with collagen, like that in our Lactation Hot Chocolate, it is the perfect drink for a busy mum.
- Antioxidants - Raw organic cacao has an amazing ORAC score of 98,000 per 100g, vs blueberries at a mere 2,400. ORAC scores measure the ability of antioxidants to absorb free radicals.
- Highest Plant-Based Source of Iron - Cacao is the highest plant-based source of iron known to man, at 7.3mg per 100g. This compares to beef and lamb at 2.5mg, and spinach at 3.6mg. Iron deficiency is common in the 6 months to 3-year-olds.
- Source of Magnesium - Raw organic cacao is one of the highest plant-based sources of magnesium. Magnesium is important for a healthy heart helping convert glucose into energy enabling your child's brain to work with laser-sharp clarity and focus.
- Tryptophan to help sleep- Tryptophan is the amino acid helping you get to sleep and stay asleep. Combined with low glycemic index carbohydrates it converts to melatonin in the brain. It takes just one hour for tryptophan to teach the brain and trigger sleep.
- More Calcium Than Cow’s Milk- Raw Organic Cacao has more calcium than cow’s milk, at 160 mg per 100g vs only 125 mg per 100 ml of milk.
- A Natural Mood Elevator - Cacao contains– serotonin, tryptophan, tyrosine, and phenylethylamine. These neurotransmitters are associated with feelings of well-being, and happiness, and can even alleviate depression
Jordana Edwards is founder of Clean Tea Australia and The Breastfeeding Tea Co. Created in 2013 in collaboration with her naturopath mother, Jordana first sold Clean Tea at the markets in Byron Bay before growing her “little tea stall” into a multimillion dollar ecommerce global business.As the recipient of an astounding 5 awards at the 2020 Ausmumprenuer Awards, this business powerhouse has also been listed as one of the 2020 Remodista International “Women to Watch” in business disruption, as well as being a nominee as a Facebook “Community Leader” for her work training, mentoring and supporting women in business in her local and rural area.