Lactation Mug Cake Recipe
With Christmas only a few days away, enjoying your Lactation Hot Chocolate with Collagen in a mug cake is the perfect way to support your milk production in a delicious festive treat.
- 1/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup Lactation Hot Chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Whipped cream, shredded coconut, marshmallows or berries
- Whisk together 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup Hot Chocolate Mix
- Add in 1/4 cup hot water, 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, and 1/4 tsp vanilla. Stir together with a whisk together until no clumps of flour remain.
- Pour into a large microwave-safe mug and sprinkle 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Heat for 60 seconds then check the cake by inserting a toothpick/skewer into the center of the cake. If it comes out mostly clean with a few moist crumbs (melted chocolate is ok too if you hit a chocolate chip), your mug cake is ready! If the batter is still liquid in the center, heat for an additional 15 seconds, then retest with a toothpick. Repeat until your mug cake is cooked through.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes, then add your favourite toppings and enjoy warm! Try either Ice cream, whipped cream, Nutella, caramel sauce, or chocolate sauce.
- For a festive treat sprinkle with shredded coconut, marshmallows and a few berries.
- Make sure you use a large enough mug or glass, and that it is microwave safe (metal-free). As long as your mug has a capacity of 1- 1/2 cups or more, you're good to go.
- Cook time can vary based on your microwave! Different microwaves have different wattage and can vary from 600-1200 watts. The higher the watts the faster your mug cake will cook.
Jordana Edwards is founder of Clean Tea Australia and The Breastfeeding Tea Co. Created in 2013 in collaboration with her naturopath mother, Jordana first sold Clean Tea at the markets in Byron Bay before growing her “little tea stall” into a multimillion dollar ecommerce global business.As the recipient of an astounding 5 awards at the 2020 Ausmumprenuer Awards, this business powerhouse has also been listed as one of the 2020 Remodista International “Women to Watch” in business disruption, as well as being a nominee as a Facebook “Community Leader” for her work training, mentoring and supporting women in business in her local and rural area.