Lactation Pancakes Recipe
Lactation pancakes are good for busy mums for a few reasons:
Quick and easy to make: Pancakes are a quick and easy breakfast option that can be made in minutes. This is especially helpful for busy mums who may not have a lot of time in the morning to prepare a more time-consuming breakfast.
Promote lactation: Our Lactation pancake recipe are made with our Lactation Hot Chocolate, containing ingredients that are known to promote lactation. These ingredients can help increase milk supply and provide additional nutrients for both the mother and baby.
Convenient to eat: Pancakes are a convenient food that can be eaten on-the-go or packed for later.
Versatile: Pancakes can be customised to fit any taste preference or dietary need. They can be made with a variety of flours (e.g., wheat, almond, coconut), sweeteners (e.g., honey, maple syrup, stevia), and toppings (e.g., fruit, nuts, nut butter). This allows busy mums to have a nutritious and delicious breakfast that they enjoy.
Overall, lactation pancakes are a great breakfast option for busy mums because they are quick, nutritious, and customisable. They can help promote lactation and provide a convenient breakfast option for busy mornings.
Here is an easy recipe for Lactation pancakes using our delicious Lactation Hot Chocolate with Collagen or our Vegan Lactation Hot Chocolate.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk ( oat or almond if wanting dairy free & vegan option)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup The Breastfeeding Tea Co Lactation Hot Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, Lactation Hot Chocolate and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the milk and egg. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't over mix or the pancakes will become tough.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a small amount of butter to the pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve hot with your favourite toppings, such as berries, or maple syrup.
These pancakes will have a delicious chocolate flavour from the Lactation Hot Chocolate mix, making them a fun and tasty twist on the classic breakfast favourite.
You can find more information about our Lactation Hot Chocolate range here
Jordana Edwards is founder of Clean Tea Australia and The Breastfeeding Tea Co. Created in 2013 in collaboration with her naturopath mother, Jordana first sold Clean Tea at the markets in Byron Bay before growing her “little tea stall” into a multimillion dollar ecommerce global business.As the recipient of an astounding 5 awards at the 2020 Ausmumprenuer Awards, this business powerhouse has also been listed as one of the 2020 Remodista International “Women to Watch” in business disruption, as well as being a nominee as a Facebook “Community Leader” for her work training, mentoring and supporting women in business in her local and rural area.